Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Another wacky teenage story.....

I was sitting here in a sad mood today, and for some reason started thinking about things I did as a teenager. The following story popped up in my head:

I was in the 9th grade, in Colo. Springs. A few friends from my school told me about some hotel party they were going to that these guys were giving. So, of course I wanted to go. I asked my mom if I could go. At first, she said no, but I told her that one of my friends parents rented the room for a birthday party (yeah, likely story!) So, finally she said yes, and took me. Now, it was some little hump-n-dump motel, and as soon as we pull up, my moms like, I'm going in. I'm like NO!!! I'll be OK. Don't worry mom. So she let me go, and I wave to her as she drives off. My friends come out side to get me. We step in the room and my first thought is OH BOY!!! What did I just get myself into? When I say hump-n-dump, I MEAN hump-n-dump. It was RAGGEDY!!!!! And there was about 30 people in this little ass room. People on the floor, on the bed, on the walls (no, not really on the walls, but it damn sure felt like it!) People were getting drunk, smoking, doing whatever. I'm sitting in the corner, saying to myself "I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!! Why didn't my mom stick with the No story?"

About an hour later, there's a knock at the door. Guess Who??? Yep, you guessed it, Colorado Springs finest. The guy who rented the room went outside, came back about five minutes later and said that the cops said that anyone in the room under 18 is going to be taken home. WTF??? Ahhhhhh HELL NAW!!!! About 10 of us went into the bathroom, and jumped out of the bathroom window. Now, I'm sure everyone has been to a hotel room at one point or another, and if you've been to a MOTEL, then you know that the windows in the bathroom are VERY small. I've always been a "healthy" girl. At that time I was 5'9", weighed 150 pounds. When I tell you I was up and out that window within 2 seconds, you would never believe it. And the window was about 7 feet off the ground, since the motel was built on a hill. I sprained by damn ankle when I landed. SHIT!!!

So, after we all get out of the window, everyone starts hauling ass down the street. Then we all stop and look at each other like, where the fuck are we going? We had NO CLUE! One of my friends was dating this guy who lived on the South end of Colo. Springs, so we went to a pay phone and called him to see if he was home. Lucky for us, he was. Not so lucky for us, he wasn't coming to get no body, so we had to walk all the way to his house. Mind you, we were in the middle of Colo. Springs, and his house was about 10 miles away, and it was 11:00 at night. So we walk, and walk, and walk, and walk, and FINALLY we make it. Good, stay here till the first bus in the morning, and then go the hell home!

My friends boyfriend was about 22 y/o (remember I said we were in the 9th grade). He decides he's going to call his "boys" to come over to chill with the rest of her "girls". Ummmm, no, I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!!! This UGLY, and I mean UGLY dude has his eye on me from the time he walks in the door. I'm ignoring him, being rude to him the WHOLE night. He's trying to sit by me, everything! All I kept thinking was GOD, why didn't I just say home? Finally he got the point and left me alone.

The next morning didn't come fast enough. I got up at like 6:00 in the morning, waking EVERYBODY up. Let's go, the bus comes at 6:30. GET UP!!!! We left that house, and I swore I would NEVER, EVER, EVER hang with them again. And I didn't. I was never so happy to see home.

On another note - I know my mom seems very naive in this story, but trust me, she's not. When I told her about the story a few years later, she said, Oh, I knew nobody's parent rented a room for their child to have a party at that hotel. But you were so persistent on going, I was going to teach you a lesson. Did you get the lesson? With my head down.... "yes, everything isn't what it seems. And stop rushing to be grown?" She just looked at me, smiled, and walked away. I love my mother!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    hump-n-dump motel! Haaaaaaaa!!! gurl that story was all that. You nkow mom's have that 6th sense gone on, she knew the damn deal!!!! that's too funny!!!!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo now kimmy you know damn well you ain't had no business! lmao!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said…

    A hot damn mess!
    I'm with your mother on this one! LOL

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jomama said…

    That story was hilarious. Your mom sounds really cool-- and really smart :)

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Shari said…

    That is one funny story!!! I have been in situations like that before where you just want to get home!!

    :)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jerrster said…

    100% great...and it had a great ending...your Mom was SO right. I did several things that my parents said later..."there is an easy way to do things and a hard way Jerry and son you always seem to take the latter." It's those lessons that come in handy when you yourself become a parent. Still I sometimes take the hard way...what are you gonna do?

    wow you had me laughing msperdie...on that bathroom window bit...damn!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Aw man, an understanding mom is an awesome and beautiful thing! That rocks!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    Wow sounds like you had a crazy childhood. But how woukd I know? And your mom is understanding , mom that like understand ate the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home