Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

More about ghosts...

This is a continuation (if you want to call it that) of Danielle's post about believing in ghosts.

My mother was in the military (AF), and was stationed in Germany for 3 years. We lived off base in the economy (that's a German town, but they called it economy if you didn't live on the base). While we were there, a distant cousin of ours, from Virgin Islands came to live with us. She was so fun to me, and I always looked up to her (girl crush, Goddess ;)... we used to sit around all the time and listen to her stories about when she was growing up, etc. So one day, we're in her room, and I see a Ouija board. So, I ask, why do you have this? And she says, ever so solemnly, oh, I practice voodoo. Now, my mother is from Jamaica, so I know a little about voodoo, not that my mom practices, but you know. From that point on, I can say that I was LITERALLY scared shitless. She continues to explain to me that she's doesn't do anything evil (umm, OK, I thought that voodoo was EVIL)... my thoughts, oh shit, I better not mess with this lady.. LOL!

Anywho, one night, we're in her room. Just me and her. There's no one else in the house, it was a cold night out, so no windows were open. The door to her room was closed, ALL THE WAY. The door to her room wasn't placed on the hinges correctly, so the door really sat on the rug, and had to be pushed VERY hard to open it, and it would scrape across the rug as it was opening. So, we're sitting there talking, and what do you know, the door opens, ALL THE WAY OPEN!!! I'm sitting there looking like a pale ghost who just shit her pants... she keeps talking like she didn't see anything. I say, L, didn't you just see that door open? She says oh, yeah, that was my grandfather. Now she told me a story about her grandfather passing away in her arms, and how she buried this stuffed animal with him, and then one day she gets up and the stuffed animal is back in her room on her bed. I didn't believe the story at first, but after that, I was somewhat prone to believe.

Another incident happened when I was by myself, in my room, laying in the bed trying to go to sleep. I was breathing REALLY hard, for some odd reason, like I just ran up some stairs. I take a deep breath to try to calm myself down, and I swear, on my cousin Warren (RIP), right in my ear, my right ear, I hear someone take a deep breath just like I did. I have NEVER moved so fast in all my life. I jumped up, turned on the light, and looked around the room. Of course, to no avail, no one was there. I couldn't say that it was something that came through the window or the door in my room, because the shutters were down (the windows of the houses in Germany are not like the windows here). Needless to say, I slept with my mom that night, and never slept by myself after that.

Another incident... yes D, I have a lot of incidents too. I was laying in the room with my cousin, in the dark, just talking. She's telling me more stories about her childhood, and then all of a sudden, her voice changes... now, she's talking about what, I don't know? And, she sounds like James Earl Jones. I'm saying to her L--, L--, what's wrong? She says, you see them, you see them? They're coming to protect us; I look up, and see all these black and white figures coming into the room. One of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life! And in a matter of a minute, she goes back to the conversation we were having like nothing ever happened.

So, D, YES, I believe in ghosts, the supernatural, demons, WHATEVER you want to call them. I still talk to our cousin once in a while; the lady is a GENIUS, literally; but she's also a little spooky! I love her to death, though.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    I believe in all that shit too, thats why I am extra careful not to just fuck over people, there is some invisible shit going on for real.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Oh yeah I almost forgot babygirl, I'm not trying to be your manager, I was just really fucking witcha because of that comment you made about me "Checkin' and Controling Bitches". You seem like a fly female, I gather that through your words, and tha texture of your responses.

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    holy shit i think i would have pissed myself....gurrrl you know i believe!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    girl....i don't even want to go there..i'm afraid..yes i am!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger MsPerdie said…

    You my dud, Boss... I like that you don't take my comments seriously, and I see you know I don't take your serious... ;)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Shari said…

    ok, those were some freaky stories...especially about the stuffed animal being on her bed. EEESSSHHH!!!

    I have goosebumps. If I ever saw anything like that, I would freak!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Buffalo said…

    There are a lot of things in the world that can't be explained away.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Jerrster said…

    Well...I don't know if I believe in ghosts--I've not had these close encounters like you and Danielle have had.

    I can relate to being pale as a ghost and nearly shitting my pants though but that's off-topic here.

    ms.perdie your experiences sound rather frightening...so I'll just let the ghosts go visit you & danielle...OK.

    I'm a fraidy-cat.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Meadow said…

    That is trippy. I believe it, though. Hmm. Ya'll making me want to post some of my "incidents." :)

    And thanks for the shout out. :)

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Ok - these are too spooky. I was going to ask you who your cousin is since I too am from the VI, but now I don't know if I want to know! ;-) There must have been reason why my mother forbade me from having a ouija board... hmmm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home