Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dream or Reality?

OK, so as mentioned in previous posts, I was reading the book False Memory by Dean Koontz, which is loosely based on The Manchurian Candidate. For those who've never seen the movie, or read the book, it's about hypnotizing people to get them to do what you want them to do. So, I'm towards the end, about 4 paragraphs to go, and it's getting REAL deep. The girl in the book was getting REAL gully, taking two gangsta's down by herself, while her husbands locked in the trunk of a car.

That night, I go to sleep, and start to dream. I have a dream that my "friend" J is trying to kill me, but the scenario is EXACTLY the same as in the book. We're in the New Mexico desert, it's snowing, I'm running in the dark around some old stone buildings trying to get away. Some how we end up in my house (weird, cuz I live in Jersey) and I'm hiding. I hear his footsteps, and all of a sudden someone touches me, LITERALLY! I jump up screaming, about to fight, and see that it's my sweet little girl, trying to get in my bed to go to sleep. Talk about SHOOK!!!!! I couldn't go back to sleep for about an hour, laying there thinking what if... what if I would have hit her? Oh boy, don't even think about that. It didn't happen.

Needless to say, I didn't read the rest of that book for a couple of days, and I won't be reading any of his books late at night! :)

11 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oxford University Press Book Blog
    Oxford University Press Book Blog In what might be a very sharp marketing tool, OUP has created a new weblog to describe its recent and upcoming publications.
    Hello nice blog site! Added it to my bookmarks for future reference.

    I have a internet poker
    site/blog. It pretty much covers internet poker related stuff.

    Come check mine out if you get time.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said…

    Hey Babygirl, You know a Nigga cannot forget about you, you tagged me! Thanks for your thoughts on my list, I know a Nigga is way out there. Check me out tho, I'm might have to fuck with that book you speakin' on.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lord have mercy..i can't even imagine what would have happened if you had hit K...whoa.....

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Yikes! I'm glad nothing bad happened.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    I saw the manchurian candidate, it was a good movie

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Shari said…

    I have had dreams like that before too. I had a dream a mascot (the dude that dresses in a costume for a football game) grabbed me from behind, I was trying as hard as I could to get away from him. I couldnt get away, so the only thing I could think of to do was kick him in the shin really hard....well, I kicked the shit out of the mascot in my dream, but unfortunately, I kicked the crap out of hubby too.

    At least his scream of "OWWWWWW!" woke me up from the nightmare!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger MsPerdie said…

    OK, is that the spam? If it is, why am I happy this is my first spam :) LOL!!!!

    Bossmack - if you like suspense/thriller, you'll like Dean Koontz! You my dude. ;)

    Spex - I don't even want to think about it

    Goddess - me too!

    D - It was a good movie!

    Cherry - I know hubby was like WTF? LOL!!!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Man - I read my first Dean Koontz novel a few months ago (Velocity) and it did the same thing to me, I couldn't sleep and when I did I had crazy dreams. I think now i can only read his books in the daylight! ;-)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pics of bey are up..check her out!

    teesspot.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    hey whas up! where u been u okay?

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woah, I've never had a dream-to-reality dream before... Sounds fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home