Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The mean little Filipino lady :(

My parents were in the Air Force so as a child I had the privilige of traveling and living in different places. One of those places, as you already know was Germany. While in Germany we had a housekeeper named Ms. Letty, a nice little ol' Filipino lady, or so I thought. She cooked, and cleaned for room and board and pay (I don't know to this day how much she paid her).

Now, my mom and I NEVER saw eye to eye. We are so much a like, but yet, we had our separate views on things, so we ALWAYS clashed. So, about a year after Ms. Letty was there, my mom started getting on me about the phone bill, and how I need to stay off the phone, blah, blah, blah. But I would always tell her, I don't call anybody in the states, and the calls I do make are local. See, the phone bills in Germany weren't like the ones here, where it details the calls you made. Nope, it was a bill with an amount, and that's what you pay (at least that's what I remember).

Then she started talking about I was taking her work uniforms, etc... now I'm really looking at this lady like she's crazy. It just so happened that one day, my mom came home for lunch (we lived off base in the "economy" which is a German town). Don't you know that she walked in on Ms.Letty packing up her uniforms, along with toilet paper, paper towels, etc. All this time my mom was blaming me, it was HER! She was sending this stuff back to her people in the Philippines. I was NEVER so happy when my mom put her out. Our phone bills went from 1000 marks (it was marks at the time) to 200 marks. HA! And the best part of all....... my mom had to apologize to me...... hee hee... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! It felt good!

Love you mom! ;)

6 Comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Jomama said…

    HAHAHAHA!!! That is hilarious! I can't believe that woman had the audacity to actually steal from you guys. And your mom thought you were taking stuff! Uniforms? What are her folks back home going to do with US Air Force uniforms?? I am dying here at the hilarity in this :D

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRL THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Once again, the truth comes to light. :)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger gbfhbn said…

    Hey Ms. perdie.. just sending you a quick shout to say hey. Thats good mom's caught the lady in the act or she'd still be blaming you.... qt

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    See, I been telling my husband (who is Filipino) that they were sneaky little fuckers. Here is the proof. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    as in thats the funniest thing ive read all freaking day! wow, just wow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home