Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Monday, October 10, 2005

My weekend and another story....

Hello all. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I wasn't feeling too good, had a lot of things on my mind that I needed to just take some time out and think about, so my weekend consisted of me laying on my couch, watching movies. From Friday night to Sunday night. I've thought somethings through and am feeling a little better now.

So, since I've been telling some stories from my childhood, I figured I'd keep it going.

CHECK THE LOCK ON THE DOOR BEFORE YOU CLOSE IT!

As I have mentioned before, I lived in Germany for a short period of time. We lived off base, in Enkenbach-Alsenborn, Germany. it was a cute little town, with a lot of bakery's and cute little German knick-knack stores (at least that's what I remembered). I also remembered that they had cigarette machines hung up on the side of buildings where you could buy a pack for 4 marks. My mom used to send me out to get her some, if she ran out, and whenever me and my friends had 4 marks, we would go get a pack, to "fake" smoke.

One weekend I had a slumber party at my house, and my mom left all of us home alone so she could go out. Us being the adventurous kids we were decided that at 12:00 midnight, we would go out and room around the town and in the woods for a little while. We knew my mom wouldn't be back anytime soon, so we would get back just before she did. I grabbed the house key (well, at least what I thought was the house key) and headed out. We had a good time, going through the woods, in the pitch black, trying to scare each other. Tired, and now close to the time my mom would be getting home, we head back. We get in the downstairs door and head for the front door to my house. Low and behold, this is NOT the key that opens this door. OH SHIT! What am I going to do now? We go back outside, everyone looking like a dear caught in headlights. Quick, quick, what to do now?

We lived on the second floor, so, it shouldn't be hard to climb up the drain and get on the balcony right? Yeah, OK. That was one of the hardest climbs I have EVER had to make. Actually, that any one of us has ever had to make. We had to jump on the garbage can, which still wasn't tall enough for us to even reach the bottom of the balcony, climb somewhat up the drain, hook our feet underneath the bottom rail of the balcony, grab onto the second rail of the balcony and pull ourselves up.

Now, after about 30 minutes, everyone is up on the balcony. But now what? The patio door is locked, so we can't get in through there. Luckily the window was open, but the thing about these German windows is that they don't open like our windows here. They have a pulley (I guess that's what you call it), kind of like a lever, that depending on which way you turn it, the window opens a different way. So, the window that was open, was only cracked open from the top up. You could barely fit your arm through it. So, the young imagination of kids who are about to get their asses beat, we decide to take a broom, stick it through the crack in the window, and use it to pull down the lever by the door, so the door could open. Well, that took us about another hour.

FINALLY, FINALLY the door swung open. We all get inside, thanking GOD and promising that we would never do that again (yeah right). About five minutes later, my mom walks through the door. What did ya'll do tonight. "Nothing, just stayed in the house watching TV". Once again, the drama of pre-teens......

6 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    OMG!! Gurl I didn't know you lived in Germany for a minute. It sounds like a coz lil place u were at (haha 4 real). Hell you doin climben drain spouts and shit!!! ur a trip!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jomama said…

    Haha! These stories would make a great sitcom! I can't believe you guys got in just before you mom walked in!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you are a trip for real!!!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    LMAO. I am loving your childhood escapades! This one reminds me of the many times I too snuck out the house and had to "break in" to get back in. LMAO! I surely did some dumb sh*t when I was younger.

    Wonder if my parents ever figured it out... well, if they figured just HOW much stupid stuff I did. LOL

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    Damn gurl you got a crazy childhood. Climbing up drains and shit wow, in a weird way you remind me of spiderwoman-chick(my vocabulary).

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Girl! Your childhood was funny! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home