Ms Perdie's Dirty Details...

Friday, October 21, 2005

I’m back, and with a new attitude……

Hello Blog world. How ya’ll doing out there? I hope everyone had a healthy and productive week. As for me, the class was very nice. Learned a few things about leadership, time management, delegation, communication and some other relevant stuff that I will need for my new position.

Well, this week, I’ve reflected on my past, past experiences, past relationships, past jobs, past EVERYTHING! I’ve realized that there are some things that I need to change, and some PEOPLE I need to change around me (not change them, per say, but change who I’m around). As many of you know, I’m in line for a promotion that will help me advance in my career to a better place. So everything seems to be on the up and up as far as my career is concerned, but personally, things aren’t looking so good. I’ve had two failed relationships in the past three years, and I was forced to take a look at the things that I did wrong. Why is it that I couldn’t make one of these relationships work? What are the things that I need to change within myself? What are the things that I need to change outside of myself? So, after great consideration, and some advice from a good friend {you know who you are, and I thank you so much!;)} I’ve decided not to focus on love right now, not to focus on finding that “one”, and focus on me. As my friend said “what you display, is what you receive.” Meaning, what ever type of “mood” I’m in, people read that, and if it’s a negative mood, I attract negative people. If it’s a positive mood, I attract positive people. So, I’m going to make it my business to be in a positive mood most of the time. I’m not going to say all of the time, because, be real, who is a positive mood ALL of the time? LOL!

So, from this day forth, I’m going to work on ME, and do what’s right for ME, and put ME first (well, behind my daughter), but you know what I mean! Have a great weekend everyone, and I’ll see you on Monday (I’m going to go out this weekend, so I’m SURE I’ll have a funny story for you guys).

*Ciao Bella*

5 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Glad you enjoyed the class. Sometimes you do just have to put yourself first. :)

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Shari said…

    That is great you are putting yourself first! You deserve it!! :)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Danielle said…

    GUrl I missed you!!!! glad you dropped in before the weekend!!!! I so hear yah on that, we all need to put ourselves first you know? Have a crunk weekend and see you next week!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Meadow said…

    Sounds like you've got a good friend who gives good advice. :)

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Hey MsP! Congrats on the work stuff. And, more importantly, congrats on deciding to work on you. Your friend is right. If you exude a positive energy, you'll be amazed at the different kinds of interactions that you'll have with everyone, men, women, potential suitors and friends. It's very refreshing and revitalizing! Good luck and more importantly - ENJOY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home